|V5 Registration Document:||Present|
|Vehicle Type:||Performance Vehicle|
|Independent Vehicle Inspection:||Yes|
|Drive Side:||Right-hand drive|
|Safety Features:||Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Driver Airbag, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Immobiliser, Passenger Airbag, Rear seat belts, Safety Belt Pretensioners, Side Airbags|
|Country/Region of Manufacture:||Germany|
|In-Car Audio:||AM/FM Stereo, CD Player, Premium Sound System|
|Interior/Comfort Options:||Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Electric heated seats, Leather Seats, Parking Sensors, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks|
|Service History Available:||Yes|
|Previous owners (excl. current):||3|
|Exterior:||Alloy Wheels, Catalytic Converter, Tuning|
|Car location:||Cheshire, United Kingdom|
Rare 6 Speed manual non-sunroof model. Being an earlier car it also has the full 265PS engine rather than the later ones which had 261PS.
It is very low mileage (70k from new) and the key points are;
- Full Service History from new
- Excellent condition throughout
- Just fully fast road / track prepared with - 0000's spent on new parts and upgrades
- Drives brilliantly with nothing needing doing
- Just fully serviced including all fluids
- Unmodified standard engine that has been superbly serviced over its like and runs like new
- Built to a similar specification to Bird's B1 Dynamics Package with added features
Finished in silver metallic it's in great shape throughout and much has been spent over the years to keep it in this condition. The standard specification includes ABS, Switchable ESC Stability control, Hydraulic Power steering (much better feel than the later Electric power steering racks), Front fog lights, Aux connection, Remote central locking with alarm (With the two original keys included) All-round Electric windows, Electrically adjustable door mirrors, Leather steering wheel with remote audio controls and a suite of airbags.
Further features include full black heated leather sports seats with adjustable side supports (They can be adjusted really low and also hold you in place really well when cornering) Dual zone Climate control / air conditioning, Auto lights and wipers, Split folding rear seats, Rear parking sensors and upgraded BMW Premium Audio systems. I'm glad it didn't have the optional electric sunroof that most do as this add's weight and complexity and is known to break and / or leak as the car gets older.
It has just undergone a full transformation into a fast road / track car but has not actually ever been on a track! I'm selling it soon as have just had to grow up a bit and put a deposit down on a house.
The upgrades and all mechanical work has been carried out by performance car specialist Rossendale Motor Specialists who have been working on my cars for years and do an excellent job every time. I've spent nearly £5k getting it to how you see it here and the list of enhancements includes;
- Brand New Limited Slip Differential professionally fitted by performance car specialist Grinspeed (A must for any BMW track car)
- Full Bilstein B12 suspension kit (Considered the best road suspension set up for a 130i)
- BMW E90 M3 V8 front end components including new Lemforder upper and lower suspension arms & track roads, Anti roll bar and full steering rack (quicker lock-to-lock and more direct feel - makes a huge difference)
- BMW 335i M Sport rear anti-roll bar (The perfect set-up for a 130)
- BMW M135i Big front brake upgrade including lightweight mono-bloc calipers painted in silver (looks subtle and discreet) Ferodo DS2500 track brake pads and Motul high boiling point brake fluid
- New strut top mounts and 2.5 degree camber plates (provides extra camber which sharpens turn-in and improves agility and responsiveness)
- BMW short shift kit (speeds up the slow standard BMW gear shift no end and provides a really nice and direct feel)
- Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) delete to reduce clutch wear
- 18" 4 square set-up with 8J BMW MV1 wheels fitted with new Federal 595 RSR road / track tyres with wider tread (235 40 18)
- Powerflex rear subframe bushes
- K&N upgraded intake system
- Full suspension geo set-up by performance car specialists Grinspeed
Overall it's in fantastic shape with no rattles, leaks, creaks, smoke or other noises as you would expect from such a low mileage car. The clutch and gear shift action is also nice and smooth, the power steering slick and communicative and the whole car overall feels very refined and tight.
When I first got the car I put it up on a ramp and checked everything underneath and found all to be well with everything in great shape including the exhaust, fuel lines etc. There was small weep around the sump and this was fixed using a genuine BMW sump gasket The suspension components and bushes were all in great shape also with no clonks or sogginess when driving. There is minimal wear on the interior and the exterior plastics and fittings are all in very good condition. The body is in great condition with no rust and only a small number of age related marks.
It's small design makes it easy to park yet it is still very spacious inside especially for tall people like me. Parts are also cheap and plentiful. It's MOT'd with no advisories, is HPI clear and also qualifies for cheap road tax and classic car insurance.
This is certainly one of the very best 130i's on sale and makes a great modern classic alternative to a Golf R32, Audi S3, Civic / Integra Type R, Leon Cupra, Focus ST / RS, Renault Megane R26 Cup / Trophy and is unique in this company being rear wheel drive and a proper drivers car. It would also make a great alternative to a heavier larger car like the E46 / E90 M3, M5, RS4, C63 etc
It is a very rare and appreciating asset (I've not seen many others with such low mileage) and a bullet-proof investment and that could suit someone who wants to use it as everyday transport or someone who would prefer to use it regularly on track - It can do both with ease. Nothing needs doing to it and any inspections would be welcome.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss further please let me know and thanks for looking
This Ad was found on: eBay.co.uk