|Number of Cylinders:||8|
|:||“EXCELLENT CONDITION. 50K ORIGINAL MILES. NO RUST OR RUST REPAIRS EVER. ALL ORIGINAL EXCEPT FOR PAINT,CARB AND HEADERS.NEVER RESTORED.UNRESTORED CARS LIKE THIS ARE HARD TO FIND.”|
|Car location:||BARRIE ON., Canada|
|For Sale By:||Private Seller|
Check out this beautiful 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS. This is an original Chevelle SS396 LS3 , untouched and unrestored (except paint). 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS with documented 51k original miles. The complete drivetrain is NUMBERS MATCHING including the engine, transmission, and rear end. Under the Cowl Hood sits its NUMBERS MATCHING Chevrolet 396ci/402 V8 connected to its NUMBERS MATCHING Muncie M20 4-Speed Manual Transmission and NUMBERS MATCHING 12 Bolt Posi Rear End. The car was painted once in the past in it's original color Antique White.The paint was a quality job,not just a quick spray.It looks better then original.It's almost perfect.The black stripes were painted and then cleared over.They were wet sanded and polished.The white paint is very tight so it was not sanded.The car comes fully documented with The GM Vintage Report which is better then a build sheet as it can't be copied.I expect the Build Sheet is still in the car.I have a folder of info on the car.It is a 3 owner car with the original owner owning it for 30 years.I am the 3rd owner. The car was built in Canada and sold new in Buffalo NY.Front-Ball joints & Brake rotors are original.The "key in" buzzer still works. Here is a list of what is new or replaced or non-original items:
- New Battery with 3 year warranty- 2 1/2" Gardner Dual Exhaust System with headers-- Spark Plugs & wires,Cap and Rotor.Air filter is new- Pertronix Igniter - replaces points.No points to setup or burn out.Looks stock. - CarbeuratorMechanics:Numbers Matching Chevrolet 396ci / 402 V8 LS3Numbers Matching Muncie M20 4-Speed Manual Transmission- Transmission # [hidden information]
- Transmission Suffix # P2D25A
- Assembled JAN/25/[hidden information] Bolt Rear End
- Date Code: B270 (Feb/15th/1972)
- Suffix: CFK £££ (HARD TO READ)
- Ratio: 3.31:1
Front Suspension: Independent Factory Original
Rear Suspension: Factory Original
Front - Power Disc
Rear - Power Drum
Exhaust:Gardener 2 1/2" dual exhaust with H pipe.The chrome tailpipe tips are original GM.The wheels have been restored to factory grey.No dings or scratchs.Trim rings are perfect.Front Wheels: 15" X 7"Rear Wheels: 15" X 7"Front Tires: 245/60-15"
Rear Tires: 245/60-15"Tires have lots of tread but they are old.They are fine for around town but I would replace them if I was going to keep the car.Underneath:
- Tank is mint-painted black
- Frame & floor are mint-painted black
- Rockers are mint
- Front inner wheel wells are new.Originals were plastic and cracked.
- Front end has new centrelink.Body:
- Paint looks like new.All panels are straight and original.Gaps are good.Factory Cowl Hood.Flapper works perfect.
- Original Chrome Bumpers are mint.
- Head Light Bezels are nice.
- Hood Pins in Good Shape.A few scratches from hood pins.
- Hood Lines Up Well
- Paint is Phenomenal
- Doors Operate Nicely
- Door Jams are Clean
- Trunk Opens Smoothly
- Spare Tire is bald but holds air.
- Trunk Floor is Solid & rust free.
- Wheel Wells are Tight
- Back of Quarters are Clean
- Bottom of Deck Lid looks Great
- Rubbers in Great Condition Eletrical-All lights,signals and flashers work,-The original radio (AM/FM),wipers and washers work,-All windows work fine and rear side windows are tight.(To verify a GM A body for low mileage try the back windows)Interior:
- Door Panels are Original and mint.
- Carpet is original looks great.
- Seats are all Original with shoulder belts.They look great.
- Upholstery looks Amazing
- Front and Rear Seat Belts
- Package Tray is warped but hard to notice.Can be bought cheap.
- Head Liner in Good Condition
- Dome Light Works
- Shoulder Belts look Good with Holster mounts.-Sun Visors are mint and tight.- Steering Wheel is mint.- Dash Pad is mint.
- Speedometer Works
- Tach Works
- Factory Gauges Work but oil and water are disconnected.- Aftermarket Oil,water and Amp gauges are under dash.- Factory tach, speedo&Odometer and gas gauges work fine. - Factory clock does not work.Do they ever ;) - Glove box is nice and work
- All locks on the car work
This Ad was found on: eBay.ca