|Number of Cylinders:||6|
|Warranty:||Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty|
|Car location:||Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada|
For sale is my ( PROJECT ) 1989 Porsche 911 3.2L Carrera convertible ( Last year of G model chassis before 964 chassis) . PLEASE NOTE- THIS IS A ROLLING chassis PROJECT.
THIS PROJECT WILL NEED TO BE PICKED UP AT MY FAMILYS PROPERTY either by buyer, shipping company or possibly another arrangement to be discussed and agreed on before bidding. A BILL OF SALE IS SIGNED AND READY TO TRANSFER TO NEW OWNER. Project is located north of Montreal, Quebec, Canada in Mont Tremblant, Quebec. This car is registered and titled in my name and can be shipped anywhere in the world.
This is a factory 1989 911 Carrera convertible but with factory porsche OEM steel 993 turbo quarter panels fitted ( THIS IS REVERSIBLE if you wanted to bring back to the original body)
The idea was to have a lightweight, very direct feeling torsion bar chassis built into a 993 body using as many factory porsche parts as possible. I have had this project for many years now but no longer live where the car is. The engine and transmission have unfortunately gone missing while in storage. I was thinking about possibly installing a modern reliable 505HP LS corvette engine.
I do however have a 3.2L engine case and a 5 speed porsche 911 transmission you can maybe get creative and build them up and have them fitted. Case spigots have been enlarged I believe to now be a 3.5L engine, New cylinder head studs have been fitted. I was pondering fitting a 911 GT3 crankshaft and building a custom high HP engine but was still undecided VS 505HP LS engine. Engine Case 930/21 *64G04675*
I do not have the driver and passenger seats, also do not have the carpets. I was going to source a new carpet kit.
Some details of the project. Car was mostly stripped to metal and professionally repainted in porsche Platinum silver. All interior sound proofing was removed and you can see in pictures the floor pans and rear seat buckets are all in very solid condition. Front suspension pan is rust free and solid.
Factory porsche 993 Turbo rocker panels have been fitted. Factory Porsche 993 front fenders have been fitted . OEM 993 drivers door mirror and passenger door mirrors. OEM 993 drivers and passenger door handlesOEM 993 turbo rear quarter panels have been fitted. Front composite bumper Rear composite bumper 993 wiper sheetmetal conversion
DETAILS ON ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION- -Original engine and transmission have unfortunatley gone missing while in storage ( very disappointed).I will however include a 3.2L engine case. The case has had new cylinder heads studs fitted. The original crankshaft bearings are included and I remember them looking in good condition. This 3.2L engine case alone is quite expensive, it will need a good cleaning as its been in storage for many years. -A 5 speed 911 transmission will be included + 1989 CV axles ( they need new rubber boots ) . This is all the parts I have for the driveline.
PLEASE DONT ASK if I have anything else, I don’t. I am going to include whatever I have.
Parts that are included, if its not listed here please just assume I no longer have that item. I am sure I am forgetting items but what I have listed is the items I can recall.
- 1989 pedal cluster
- 1989 shifter assembly and shift rod (shift rod is in the shift rod tunnel)
- Fuel tank ( fitted to the car )
- Speedline wheels. These are very high quality 3 piece Made in italy speedline wheels. Wheels have been fully dismantled and powder coated. All hardware which included the bolts and nuts have been nickel plated- ( these are wide 930 turbo spec wheels). Over $1000 was spent having them refurbished. Satin black centres and gloss black barrels. They look very nice in rear life.
- 993 dashboard ( has cracks but good donor to have covered in leather )
- 964/993 instrument gauges ( fuel gauge , RPM , speedometer , clock )
- 1989 Carrera steering wheel.
- 993 black door panels with optional upgraded speakers.
- 993 lower dashboard panel with ash tray
- 993 passenger airbag dashboard trim panels
- 1989 Carrera brake booster
- 1989 Carrera heater/ventilation controls
- New 930 turbo tie rod ends.
- 1989 Carrera oil tank
- 1989 Carrera oil thermostat and oil lines to front of car (can see in pictures)
-1989 convertible top and frame - Needs to be fitted - ( rear plastic window cracked and will need to be replaced)
- 993 wipper arms
- 993 wipper mechanism and motor
- 993 glove box
- rear drive axles ( need to be fitted)
- 993 fuel filler flap and console
- 1989 Carrera fuel pumps ( installed on car )
- 1989 Carrera rear engine bay wiring and fuse panel ( installed on car )
I have tried to describe this project as best as I can.
The repaint / body work alone was very expensive, it was painted in factory porsche platinum silver. I am hoping to find a new owner for this project so they can carry the torch and complete it. Again, please ask any questions before bidding. This car is titled/ registered in my name and I will sign the title over to the winning bidder. I will try to help as best as I can with shipping. My reserve is a fraction of what I have invested into this project, I will not sell this project for a silly low offer. A huge chunk of the hard work is done. Heres your chance to own a awesome “light weight “ 911 project. Lots of possibilities with this project. I have even though of welding a coupe roof on it and turning it into a 993GT2!
Shipping is responsibility of buyer. I will help as best as I can.
This Ad was found on: eBay.ca