|:||“Very Rare truck , Excellent condition”|
|Car location:||Woodstock, Ontario, Canada|
1970 Ford F100
Shortbox Stepside 4x4
I purchased the truck 6 years ago. This truck has spent
its entire life in California and Oregon. Since then the
truck has undergone a complete frame off restoration.
This truck was completely rust free and still wearing its
orig paint when I purchased it. All the sheetmetal is
original, even the floors are original. I have purchased the
Marti report , It is a rare truck. Short box factory 4x4
Stepside’s form this era are a rare breed. This truck was
decoded as 1 of 298 with this paint and trim.
Below is a list of the work done and parts installed.
- Truck was taken down to bare metal. All paint work was
done by a Professional restoration shop. It is finished in
its original Boxwood green colour.
- The cab and box was removed from the frame. The
drivetrain was removed from the chassis and freshened
up. The frame was glass bead blasted and painted.
- A complete new braking system was installed. Master
cylinder , lines, drums, shoes , wheel bearings, seals,
warn hubs, the compete system was gone through and
all is brand new.
- Tires are BFG KM3 35/12.50/15 mounted on factory
style steel wheels. All are brand new with zero miles on
- All new glass, run chanels ,seals and felts was installed.
NOS show quality stainless trim installed on front and
- A show quality bed was installed , Curly maple with
polished Stainless strips and hardware. New NOS
taillights were installed on Polished Stainless brackets
with all stainless hardware.
- The truck has a stainless steel dual exhaust.
- The original 70’s factory winch bumper was removed
bead blasted and epoxied and painted. A brand new
Warn 70th anniversary 8274-70 10000lb winch was
added at a cost of 3200 dollars ( there were only 999 of
these winches produced to commemorate the orig Warn 8274 ). Its a piece of art in itself. Rear bumper is show
quality polished stainless steel.
- Though it is a 1970 F100 , I much prefer the 67-69
grilles on the bumpside Fords so I ordered a Brand new
Dennis Carpenter 69 grill added all the Ranger accents
and installed that . Every part right down the bulbs are
new. If so desired , a 70 grill shell is available and
easily changed out.
- The interior of the truck was painted to the same quality
as the exterior . It has a brand new complete Dennis
Carpenter dash pad ( not a plastic cover ).
- The seat was taken down to the frame bead blasted
armour coated and rebuilt with black vinyl Ranger seat
cover. A new headliner was installed.
- The floor ,doors and roof were lined with Dynamat .
- The instrument cluster got a new clear plastic face , a
new woodgrain bezel and new speed cable.
- All chrome bezels are were either polished or replaced
- A new black carpet was installed as well as new door
seals and sill plates.
- The door skins were repainted Boxwood green , new
Black and wood grain panels were added and the
stainless race track trim was restored and installed.
- All of the window regulators were bead blasted and
painted before installation.
- All emblems door handles and locks, Antenna , tailgate
chains and hinges are all new quality parts.
- A new Ford reproduction steering wheel , trim ring and
horn button were installed .
- A new top of the line bluetooth classic car stereo was
installed in the factory bezel along with new
undercover2 speakers installed under the seat ( so
there would be no holes cut in the doors as people like
- The wiring has all been gone through, new ignition
switch , new voltage regulator, ignition coil, starter
solenoid and alternator was installed as well as a new
Optima Yellow top battery with side posts to accept the
winch leads. New high quality battery cables were
fabricated as well.
- The list goes on , Serious inquiries are welcome to call
or Email with any questions . Im more than happy to
discuss the truck with you. Serious buyers are welcome to book a viewing . This truck is for sale, not on sale
please keep that in mind when making offers. Please
note I am waiting for a few small cosmetic items, cowl
seal and fuel selector bezel. In one photo the mirror is
folder as the truck was on its way into a trailer. One
photo the vent ducting is not secured. Has been
rectified. Truck is in storage at the moment for winter
months. This ad is more or less to gauge interest in the truck. Actual mileage is unknown . Buyer is responsible for shipping. I will pay for Enclosed shipping anywhere in Canada or the Continental USA for the buy it now price. Oh yeah I also have a brand new chrome front bumper if that is preferred over the winch bumper.Thanks for looking
This Ad was found on: eBay.ca